Yes, you can invest money through your HSA!
Forma doesn’t require a minimum cash balance to open an investment account, but we suggest keeping a cash balance of at least $25, as a monthly investment account fee of $2.50 will be charged from the cash account.
Follow the steps below to get your investment account started.
- Log in to your Forma account
- Select “Benefits” from the top navigation
- Choose your HSA
- Select “My investments” from the horizontal menu above your available balance
- Open the “Manage investments” dropdown
- Select “Open investment account”
- You’ll then be guided through three important sections: personal info, financial profile, and disclosures.
- NOTE: Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to make any changes to the information saved during the onboarding flow.
- Review all the details included in the previous steps, when satisfied click “Open investment account”
- After you complete the initial setup, we’ll open an investment account in your name. Then, you can decide if you want to make your first investment!
- Choose how much of your available cash balance you want to invest.
- Then choose the funds you want to invest in
For more investing information, see What can I invest my HSA money in?